Here are a few follow-up thoughts from last Sunday. I first want to say thank you to all those who were praying last week leading up to the sermon. Every once in a while I get the impression that people are particularly praying for me and the Sunday service, and last week was one of those weeks. I do feel I had a keen sense of your prayers and engagement that Sunday, and that is always a special kind of blessing in its own right. Second, there were a number of things and points I couldn’t include in the sermon, just for the sake of time. If there are any questions you have or things you want to discuss, please reach out! Those are conversations I love to have. Third, I thought about bringing up some resources that I’ve found helpful, but I didn’t feel like there was an appropriate time to do that. So, if you are interested in reading more about transgenderism and same-sex attraction from a Christian perspective, I would recommend the following books! All these have their own emphases and approaches, and would be of benefit. Let me know if you have questions about any of them!
- Is God Anti-Gay? by Sam Allberry
- Gay Girl Good God by Jackie Hill Perry
- Gender Ideology by Sharon James
- Transgender by Vaughan Roberts
- Understanding Gender Dysphoria by Mark Yarhouse
- Why Does God Care Who I Sleep With? by Sam Allberry
- Space at the Table by Brad and Drew Harper
- Confronting Christianity by Rebecca McLaughlin (particularly the chapter on Christianity and homosexuality).
- What Does the Bible Really Teach About Homosexuality? by Kevin DeYoung