Part-Time Youth Ministry Leader
The Youth Ministry Leader (YML) at Community Bible Church (CBC) is a servant leader who loves working with people. He/She partners with parents of students, adult volunteers, and church staff to encourage youth to have faith in Christ, to fellowship with the local church, and to faithfully follow Jesus as life-long disciples.
- Deep commitment to Jesus Christ, the revealed Word of God, and the Scriptures, the written Word of God.
- Full affirmation of the statement of faith, vision, direction, and teaching positions of CBC.
- Is or will become a member of Community Bible Church.
- A teachable and service-oriented heart and gifting.
- General character qualifications matching those listed in 1 Timothy 3:8-11 and Galatians 5:22-23, demonstrated in a mature and growing relationship with Jesus.
- A heart to reach lost youth for Christ and to see believing youth develop spiritually.
- Experience and/or training related to working with and mentoring youth.
- Ability to train and equip other leaders.
- Interpersonal skills to lead and develop volunteers, and especially to relate well to youth and parents.
- Capable communicator via phone, email, etc.; able to connect with others with warmth, grace, and clarity.
The YML oversees CBC’s Sunday morning and midweek middle school and high school ministries. In this role he/she is expected to:
- Initiate relationships with high school and middle school students and their families and pray for them regularly.
- Schedule weekly meetings and special events for each group, and communicate relevant information to students and parents in a timely manner.
- Provide and coordinate biblically based teaching for both weekly meetings.
- Oversee the planning of special youth events.
- Coordinate tasks for adult and youth volunteers.
- Lead Youth Leadership Team meetings.
- Accompany students to summer camps and missions trips when possible.
- Attend staff meetings and assist with budgeting when possible.
The YML will report to Pastor Russ and will take the lead on shaping and implementing the strategy for Youth Ministries in collaboration with the Youth Leadership Team.
The expected time commitment starts at an average of 20 hours per week, but could be adjusted dependent upon need and expectations. The YML should keep regular but flexible office hours, and is expected to be present and available especially on Sunday mornings and when/wherever youth ministry events take place. The YML will be paid on a salary basis, and there is an expense account available to cover ministry related expenses as agreed upon by the Elders.
The YML will meet annually with a Staff Pastor, the Elder Moderator, and the Youth Ministry Elder representative (i.e. Pastor Russ) for a performance review and evaluation, encouragement and reflection, and for planning for the year ahead.
Send resume to Annabel Prieb: firstname.lastname@example.org.